Students taking an online course must have a computer that is capable of connecting to and interacting in a Blackboard online class. In order to use Blackboard effectively, it is recommended that students meet the following technical and proficiency requirements:
- A computer that can connect to the Internet by high-speed access (DSL, Cable, FiOS).
- A laptop or desktop computer running a Windows or Mac operating system.
- Phones, tablets, and other handheld mobile devices are not currently supported.
- Chromebooks are not currently supported.
- Your monitor resolution is set to 1024×768 or higher for best results.
- A computer that has a 1GHz processor speed with at least 256MB RAM.
- A sound card, webcam, and speakers (optional).
Computer and operating system skills
- Uploading files from a personal computer to the web.
- Downloading files and saving them to a computer or storage device.
- Sending and receiving emails.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and/or Excel in order to complete required course assignments.
- Able to identify different file formats and their corresponding software applications.
Web browsing skills
- Ability to use an internet browser.
- Ability to identify and follow hyperlinks.
- Ability to enter web addresses (URLs).
- Ability to complete and submit online forms.
If you have questions or concerns about meeting the minimum technical or proficiency requirements listed above, please contact email@example.com for assistance.