Students taking an online course must have a computer that is capable of connecting to and interacting in a Blackboard online class. This requirement is easy to meet if you have the following available:
- A computer that can connect to the Internet by high-speed access (DSL, Cable, FiOS)
- Your monitor resolution is set to 1024×768 or higher for best results
- A computer that has a 1GHz processor speed with at least 256MB RAM
- A sound card, webcam and speakers (optional)
- Windows OS (XP, Vista, 7, 8) or Mac OSX (10.7+)
- Internet browser (Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox 3.0+, Safari 3.0+). Using AOL or Opera web browsers are strongly discouraged as they do not work well with Blackboard.
- A word processing program that can save files in HTML (web page format). Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, or Word Perfect are examples of programs that will do this. A free alternative can be found at LibreOffice.org.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- QuickTime Media Player
- Flash Player
- Windows Media Player
If you have questions, concerns, or technical problems regarding anything listed above, please contact our Help Desk for assistance.